At The Voice In The Wilderness Mission, all our programs require prior reservation for participants. Please submit your details in the registration form here. We will confirm your registration as soon as possible:
What to Bring for the 10-Day Health Retreat
- Warm comfortable clothing, enough for 10 days. Temperatures vary depending on the season of the year, but keep in mind we are in the mountains and even in summer the morning temperatures tend to be cooler here.
- Comfortable walking shoes, and a pair of water shoes to wear in the steam bath.
- Bathing suit- steam bath
- Shower cap (if you don’t want your hair to get wet in the steam bath)
- Warm heavy robe- steam bath
- Warm nightwear
- Personal items- toiletries, body care products, etc. Towels and washcloths are provided.
- Pen and notebook for taking notes.
- Flashlight (in the event of a power outage).
- Personal craft, or reading material.
- You may bring a laptop computer or tablet with you. We do have Internet access, but we discourage the overuse of these devices during the program. Note: We will not be held responsible if in the event your device becomes lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Cell phones rarely work here due to our rural mountain location. However, if you have AT&T phone service you will be able to use your cell phone here. We do have a guest telephone line that you may use to make calls or to receive calls from family and friends. You will need to bring a calling card for long distance calling.
- If you take doctor prescribed medications, please bring them with you, and make sure you have enough to last 10 days. There is a $20 fee if we have to go pick up a prescription for you. Please bring any current blood work or doctor reports if you have not already sent them to us.
2017 / 10-Day Program Dates
- January: 8-19
- February: 5-16
- March: 5-16
- April: 2-13
- May: 7-18
- June: 4-15
- July: 9-20
- August: 6-17
- September: 3-14
- October: 1-12
- November: 5-16
- December: 3-14